To all PWA fans hoping to attend the PWA 19TH ANNIVERSARY SHOW. we have been monitoring the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic on a daily basis and gathering/sorting through information from Alberta Health Services including updated advisories. Unfortunately, PWA has decided to postpone the event so it will no longer take place on March 28. We don’t want to risk the health and potential spread of Covid-19 to any of our fans, our talent and support staff. PWA had made the decision to postpone yesterday but had to wait to speak with all our stakeholders before announcing to all our fans. Of course the provincial mandate banning any large sports/entertainment gatherings of 250 or more would also have made the event impossible to do.
With that being said we have discussed with NAIT alternative dateS for the 19TH ANNIVERSARY SHOW that we hope to include our special guests LUCHASAURUS and SHAWN SPEARS. NAIT has given us some alternative dates in April, May and June that they will put on hold but we will have to wait on updated health advisories before selecting the date.Everyone that has purchased tickets may request a full refund or you may keep them as they will be honored for the new date. Everyone that purchased reserved seating tickets would keep the exact seats you purchased as the seating map will stay the same. If the new date doesn’t allow you to attend PWA will still honor refunds.if you purchased tickets at Variant Edition Comics & Culture you may return your tickets for a refund. If you purchased tickets from any PWA talent please contact them for a refund. To all of you that purchased tickets from Kurt Sorochan you may contact him for an e-transfer refund (this will take a few days) regardless he will contact all of you regarding refunds or the choice to keep your tickets and reserved seating if purchased.We apologize to everyone for any inconvenience and thank-you for your understanding.
To all PWA fans hoping to attend the PWA 19TH ANNIVERSARY SHOW we have been monitoring the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic on a daily basis and gathering/sorting through information from Alberta Health Services including updated advisories. We are also in contact with our venue at NAIT to clarify their policies and procedures. We continue to do so, as well as keeping in contact with our special guests who will be travelling from the USA.
We must consider the health and welfare of all of our fans, talent and support staff and continue to monitor the potential risk of exposure or spread of Covid-19. We’ll continue to post updates over the next few 24 hours.
City officials are meeting with the provincial government today to discuss large scale events.
“Later today, I will be having our second meeting this week with the cabinet emergency management committee to discuss with officials advice for Albertan’s for large events and we will continue to take very seriously the advice of our public health officials,” Premier Jason Kenney said Thursday.
Should we cancel or postpone the event we’ll announce it via our social media and website. We’ll contact everyone that has purchased advance tickets about refunds as we have 90% of ticket buyers recorded.
Please be patient as we do our due diligence for everyone’s safety.